During the Trek .
- Be obedient and follow the advices of your guide if you have one
- Be respectful to Omani law and local customs (do not take baths being
naked, take shoes off when entering a house or a carpet to sit on, greet
other people along the trek, and ask BEFORE you take a photo of a person...)
- Stay only on the marked route. Do not leave the trail alone, because you
can get easily lost and in case of an accident it will be difficult to find
- DRINK sufficient liquids, >
See also the article "Dehydration"
- Be aware and have a sense of belonging in our natural surrounding by helping
preserve and not causing any bad effect to the environment.
- ALWAYS take your litter with you to the next rubbish container, if you
find some litter left, put yourself on a better level and take it also with
- It is by law strictly forbidden to cut any green forest reserve
or kill any wildlife; use washing and toilet facilities provided or, if none
are available, make sure to be at least 30 meters away from any water source;
use biodegradable items as much as possible.